Thursday, January 28, 2010

Final Project

Hello everyone,

Well first off, I am really, really stressed about this final project. I am usually so much more prepared than I am now. I first was going to write my paper about the effects of caffeine on the human body, but I found nothing that interested me in the articles I found. So, I changed my topic. I still do not know if I can write about this but I wanted to write about obesity in children. This was a topic that was presented with others in my Comp. 1 class, but instead I chose to write about plastic surgery, even though this topic also interested me. So, I guess well see where this goes.

I saw that this week we are to talk about plagiarism. Citing a source scares me, not because I do not want to give them credit, but because I feel like I am going to do it wrong. I think plagiarism is equivalent to theft from a store or person. How would you feel if you told your best friend an idea you had to create something(an invention) and they thought it was so amazing that they took it and submitted and took all the credit. You would feel betrayed, furious, like all the hard work you put into it has just been taken away and there is nothing you can do about it! It's horrible!

- Lauren

1 comment:

  1. chin up!! We can do this. I had to change my paper also because of the information not being anything I really liked. So, now I feel behind. But don't let that get us down. We are strong and we can get it done. I think you will do just great.

    ReplyDelete