Monday, February 8, 2010

My Punishment

I know that this is a little of track, but I think it is something I need to talk about. So, Friday night western Pennsylvania got hit with a major snow storm. We were expected to get at least twelve inches of snow and ended up with over twenty inches! At first we all expected to have a snowed in weekend party, but the snow was so heavy it took out power everywhere. We went from Friday night at 11:30pm till Monday at 5:0pm with no electricity. We had a generator that ran one room heater and the temperature in our house was at fifty-five degrees for three days. It was one of the worst weekends in my entire life. Some people are expecting to have to wait until Friday. Temperatures are in single digits at night. How are you expected to survive something like this? It really makes you evaluate and appreciate everything you have much more once you experience something like this. Do not take anything in life for granted.


-Lauren

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, and here I am gripping about rain. I do have heat and have not been without. I am so sorry that you missed your party. That was a bummer. Hope all gets better for you soon.

    ReplyDelete